Baked Vegetables in Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 175 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51172 times
Whether you like your sauce creamy white or tangy tomato, this recipe brings together the best of both worlds in an irresistible way. Baked Vegetables in Tomato Sauce features deep-fried brinjal and potato slices topped with a mouthwatering combination of veggies in tomato sauce, drizzled with white sauce, and garnished with cheese. The whole arrangement is baked till the ingredients melt into each other, fusing into a gourmet creation that is sure to reap you compliments galore.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato ketchup, ½ cup of water, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, and deep-fry the potato slices till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Deep-fry the brinjals till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Grease a baking dish with butter, arrange the fried brinjal slices overlapping each other and sprinkle a little salt.
- Arrange the fried potato slices evenly over the fried brinjal slices and sprinkle a little salt.
- Put the vegetable mixture and spread it evenly.
- Finally spread the white sauce evenly over it and sprinkle cheese all over.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400° f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||230.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.3 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.