Babycorn and Mushroom Curry Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 233 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41995 times
Long grains of rice interspersed with colourful and chunky veggies, and lusciously flavoured with coconut milk and red curry paste. The ultimate touch to the Baby Corn and Mushroom Curry Rice is the addition of lemon rind and basil leaves, whose aroma is indelibly locked in by cooking the rice wrapped in a banana leaf.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Place the banana leaf on a clean, dry surface and place the rice on it.
- Bring in 4 sides of the banana leaf towards the centre so as to make an envelope and seal it using a toothpick.
- Place the banana leaf envelope in a steamer plate and steam on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the banana leaf and serve immediately.
- Do not seal the banana leaf to tight. Leave enough space for expansion of the steam generated in steaming.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.