7 Layered Mexican Dip Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2178 times
This dip is a dish in its own right! With so many layers featuring myriad textures, flavours and aromas, the 7-Layered Mexican Dip is nothing short of an exhilarating experience. The vibrant colour and crispness of lettuce meets your nacho chips as it begins its journey into this exciting dip. Then comes luscious sour cream, followed by aromatic capsicum and juicy corn, then tangy salsa, gooey cheese and crunchy spring onions, then refreshingly cold and creamy guacamole and finally the hidden treasure, the scrumptious and tasty refried beans! This dip is, you will realize, a superb adventure. Enjoy it immediately after preparation, while the textures are fresh and juicy.
Recipe Description for 7 Layered Mexican Dip
Makes 8 servings
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while mashing them slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Add the tomato ketchup, rajma, chilli powder, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Cut each avocados into halves. Remove the seed and scoop out the center portion.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and mash well using a fork or a masher.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Keep aside.
- Roast the corn on an open flame, till black spots appear.
- Scrape it using a sharp knife, keep aside.
- Roast the capsicum on an open flame using a fork, till it turns black in colour from all the sides. Put it in cold water and scrape the burnt part, deseed it and chop the capsicum.
- Transfer the capsicum and roasted corn in a deep bowl, add the salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Take a deep serving bowl, spread the refried beans evenly.
- Spread the guacamole evenly over it.
- Add the spring onions and cheese evenly over it.
- Spread the uncooked salsa.
- Spread the roasted corn and capsicum mixture.
- Spread the sour cream evenly over it.
- Finally, add the lettuce.
- Serve immediately with nacho chips.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.