Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 90517 times
Try this simple version of the popular meetha chawal. You do not need to prepare any syrup for this version of sweet rice, as the rice and sugar are cooked together. With the addition of saffron, cinnamon, cloves and bayleaves, a sweet, spicy aroma fills the whole house kindling everybody’s appetite!
- Combine the rice and sugar in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, cloves and bayleaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Combine the saffron-milk mixture and saffron colour in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add this saffron mixture to the rice, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the sugar melts completely, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with almond and pistachio slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.