Pasta in Red Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 106 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 495747 times
Perfectly-cooked fusilli and richly flavoured tomato sauce come across as a heavenly match.
An assortment of ingredients ranging from onions and garlic to peppercorns, herbs and bay leaves offer their unique flavours to this intense tomato-based sauce, making the Pasta in Red Sauce an experience that will remain in your memory forever.
- Heat the olive in a broad non-stick pan, add the bayleaves and peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bayleaves and discard them.
- Add the tomato purée, tomato ketchup, oregano, chilli flakes and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the fusilli, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Garnish with fresh cream and cheese and serve immediately with garlic bread.
- At step 5, you can also discard the peppercorns along with the bayleaves.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.