Roman Style Pumpkin Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27268 times
A version of the classic Roman soup. Pumpkins and leeks are puréed together to get a creamy, velvety soup. A dash of fresh mint adds that necessary flavour. Pumpkins are usually large vegetables. To make things a little easier, ask your greengrocer to cut a chunk off for you. The addition of potato gives a little thickness to the soup, but you can omit it if you are an avid pumpkin lover!
- Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the spring onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin and potato and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of hot water, mix well and simmer on a slow flame till the potatoes are cooked.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and then purée in the blender.
- Combine the puréed mixture and thyme with 2 cups of hot water in a pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot, garnished with the mint.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||433.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.