by Tarla Dalal
Added to 248 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 189644 times
Low-fat paneer cubes in an aromatic, spicy gravy with sautéed onions, the Paneer Lababdar is sure to be the highlight of your meal. Using low-fat paneer ensures that this flavourful dish is low in fat but rich in calcium and protein. For the best outcome, use soft paneer cubes, ideally homemade! Serve this subzi hot with whole wheat paratha.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, crushed coriander seeds, coarsely powdered dry kashmiri red chillies, dried fenugreek leaves, onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn slightly brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder and 4 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool slightly and then blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a deep non-stick pan, add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with whole wheat parathas.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 121 kcal.|
|Protein|| 9.7 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 16.9 gm|
|Fat|| 1.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 410.4 mg|
|Folic acid|| 18.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.