Cooked Long Grained Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 16077 times
Cooked long-grained rice is the foundation for many a successful dish include fried rice and pulao. While some dishes can do with ‘everyday’ rice, others call for perfectly cooked long-grained rice for an appreciable outcome. So, follow these instructions to cook rice to the right consistency with separable long grains.
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil 6 to 8 cups of water, add salt and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the rice to the boiling water. Cook till the rice is 85% cooked.
- Pour into a colander (perforated vessel) and let the water drain out. Pour some cold water on the rice to arrest further cooking.
- Let all the water from the rice drain out ensuring that the rice does not contain any moisture.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and toss the rice in it
- Spread the cooked rice on a flat surface till it is cool. Use as required.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||90 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.