Low Fat Paneer ( How To Make Low Fat Paneer)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Low Fat Paneer ( How To Make Low Fat Paneer) in Hindi)
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 162907 times
Low fat paneer made from low fat milk and low fat curds contains more protein and calcium than full fat paneer. This recipe yields 1 cup of grated, crumbled or cubed paneer. Using curds instead of lemon juice not only gives more amount of paneer comparatively but also renders it soft. Use freshly made paneer to get better results.
- Put the milk to boil in a deep pan, while stirring occasionally.
- When it starts boiling, switch off the flame and wait for 1 minute.
- Add the curds, while stirring gently and wait for 2 minutes.
- Once the milk has curdled, strain using a muslin cloth. This is crumbled paneer.
- If you want solid paneer, place the paneer into the muslin cloth in a 125 mm. (5") paneer mould or any mould. Press it with a lid.
- Remove the paneer from the muslin cloth and after 1 hour, cut into even sized cubes or grate it and use as required.
- To store paneer, place it in enough water in an air-tight container and keep refrigerated.
Low Fat Paneer Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup paneer cube
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.