Sweet Potato and Spring Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24373 times
The sweet potato and spring onion soup is much more than a flavourful appetiser. It is actually a sumptuous meal in its own right. Energy-giving and wholesome sweet potatoes are combined with aromatic spring onions in this delectable soup, which gathers its rich texture and mouth-feel from a cuppa of milk and oodles of fresh cream. It is a wonderful selection for kids as well as elders as it not only satiates hunger but also gives enough energy to handle the action-packed day.
- Combine the sweet potato, spring onions and 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth puree and strain the mixture using a strainer. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk , mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously with the help of a whisk.
- Add the sweet potato-spring onion mixture, cream, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 4 to minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||246.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||4 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.