Sukhi Bhindi, Punjabi Dry Bhindi Recipe Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 4530 times
Bhindi also called okra or ladies finger has acquired an exotic image in the west, but in fact this is one of the most commonly consumed vegetable in India. The Punjabis love their bhindi and eat it in every form, fried curries and stuffed. Here this delicious vegetable has been deep-fried, making it crisp and crunchy and then tossed in a semi dry masala before serving. Serve sukhi bhindi with some Punjabi Dals / Kadhis and Cooked Rice.
Recipe Description for Sukhi Bhindi, Punjabi Dry Bhindi Recipe
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan on a high flame and deep-fry the ladies finger in it for 2 minutes. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, dried mango powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the deep fried ladies finger, lemon juice and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.