Shimla Mirch ki Launji Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 14275 times
A launji is made of a delicate balance of sweet and tangy flavours which each family has its own recipe, this one came from a friend's home. She preferred to use capsicum instead of methi or tomatoes and the results were lip smacking. The secret of making a good launji is to let all the ingredients simmer over a slow flame so that the flavours mingle together to yield a harmonious whole.
Recipe Description for Shimla Mirch ki Launji
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the nigella seeds, fennel seeds and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and dried mango powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup of water, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the capsicum turns soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
See step by step images of Shimla Mirch ki Launji Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.