Rajma Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2475 times
Rajma Video. Rajma is one of the most popular dishes in North India. In this Punjabi delicacy, cooked kidney beans is excitingly flavoured with a wide array of ingredients ranging from ginger and green chillies to tomatoes and onions, spices and masala powders too.
Recipe Description for Rajma
- Soak the rajma in enough water in a deep bowl for 8 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the rajma, a little salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Do not drain the water. Keep aside.
- Combine the green chillies, ginger and garlic in a mortal pestle (khalbhatta) and pound to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chilli-garlic-ginger coarse paste and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma along with the water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while mashing it lightly with a potato masher, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves and fresh cream and mix well.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Rajma Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.