Pav Sandwich Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 9859 times
A very interesting Pav Sandwich, which is somewhere mid-way between a regular sandwich and vada pav, but as exciting as both together! Basically, it involves less work than vada pav because you do not need a vada but it is almost as tasty because it uses garlic chutney and assorted masalas including pav bhaji and garam masalas. The choice of vegetables layered between the pav is also such that you get a balanced texture, with a bit of crunchiness and a bit of juiciness too. Coriander, as always, peps up the whole arrangement, creating a fresh burst of flavours on your palate! Serve the Pav Sandwich immediately on preparation.
Recipe Description for Pav Sandwich, Masala Pav with Potatoes, Tomatoes and Onions
- Divide the masala into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat 1½ tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), add ½ tsp of garlic chutney and one portion of the prepared masala and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Place the pav over it and cook it on a medium flame for a minute or till the masala coats the pav evenly from both the sides.
- Place the pav on a serving plate, stuff it with 2 potato slices, 2 tomato slices and 1 onion slice and press it gently.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more pav sandwiches.
- Serve the pav sandwich immediately.
See step by step images of Pav Sandwich, Masala Pav with Potatoes, Tomatoes and Onions Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.