Paneer Makhanwala Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1715 times
Though just a tablespoon, the butter gets a status equal to the paneer in this recipe as you can guess from the name of Paneer Makhanwala. This is because frying the spice powders and tomato-onion puree in butter gives this dish its unique, intensely rich flavour. At each stage, make sure you sauté the ingredients for the prescribed time and no less than that, so that you get a rich aroma. The paneer has to be really soft and succulent to get the best outcome from this recipe. Serve this subzi hot and enjoy with Pulaos , Rotis or Puris .
Recipe Description for Paneer Makhanwala
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger and 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes or till the tomatoes soften, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the dried fenugreek leaves and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared tomato-onion mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, sugar and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with parathas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.