Kabuli Chana Biryani Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 46402 times
An innovative blend of rice and pulses. When served with a bowl of low fat curd or raita, this can be a really healthy and satisfying dish.
Recipe Description for Kabuli Chana Biryani ( Indian Cooking)
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, tomatoes, green chillies and approx. 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the kabuli chana and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curds and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice, mint leaves, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Grease the ghee in a (7”) microwave-safe dish and spread 1 portion of the cooked rice evenly over it.
- Pour the kabuli chana gravy over it and spread it evenly.
- Finally put the remaining rice over it and spread it evenly.
- Pour the milk evenly over it and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.