toga rashi powder
Last Updated : Oct 25,2017
Viewed 7353 times
A peppy Japanese spice powder, the Toga Rashi powder is also called schichimi togarashi, which means seven-flavour chilli pepper powder. It is red in colour and has a coarsely ground texture. As you would have rightly understood by now, it is a mixture of seven ingredients, usually coarsely-ground red chilli pepper, ground sansho (Japanese pepper), roasted orange peel, black and white sesame seeds, hemp seed, ground ginger and nori (seaweed). A dash of Toga Rashi sprinkled before rolling sushi gives it an awesome flavour.
• Toga Rashi powder is used to make sushi.
• It is added to soups and sprinkled on noodles.
• It is a wonderful seasoning for rice products like rice cakes.
How to buy
• It is available in many online shopping sites, and also at stores that sell gourmet products like Nature’s Basket.
• Choose a good brand. Check the packaging for damages and verify the expiry date.
How to store
• Store it in the bottle that it comes in, in a cool and dry place.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.