Last Updated : Jan 11,2018
Viewed 9410 times
Also known as
White rice vinegar
Popularly made and used in China and Japan, Rice Vinegar is a type of vinegar made from fermented rice or rice wine. It has only about 4 to 5 per cent acidity, and therefore has a mild, slightly-sweet flavour. Rice vinegar is either colourless or pale yellow. The taste of rice vinegar varies from region to region, some being slightly more acidic than others. For example, Chinese rice vinegars are stronger in flavour than Japanese variants.
How to select
• Read the label carefully to ensure that it is rice vinegar.
• The colour is generally pale yellow. Check that as well.
• Rice vinegar is available in small and large bottles – so choose the quantity you need.
• Check the bottle for damages, and verify the expiry date as well.
• Rice vinegar is used in salad dressings.
• It works well for pickling vegetables, instead of regular vinegar or lemon juice.
• It also adds a pleasant tang to stir-fries and Chinese rice dishes.
How to store
• Store the rice vinegar in a cool, dry and dark place.
• Make sure it is properly sealed when not in use.
• Check the instructions on the bottle as well.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.