• Kesar syrup in all its richness is generally reserved for special occasions.
• Indian sweets or mithais, such as Kesar Penda, Kesar Burfi, Kesar Pak, have saffron as the main ingredient.
• Milkshakes, ice creams like kulfi, are delicious when flavour red with kesar syrup.
• If your child doesn't favour the plain taste of milk, you could pour 1 tbsp of kesar syrup to a glass of cold milk with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Top up the ice-cream scoop with 1 tsp. of Kesar syrup. Apart from being tasty, this drink cools the body especially in summer.
• Kesar flavoured cashews, or any other nut of your preference can be made by dipping the nut of your choice in hot kesar syrup and allowing it to cool.
How to store kesar syrup, saffron syrup
• Until the seal is broken, store the unopened bottle in a cool, dry place at room temperature
• After breaking the seal, refrigerate the product to extend its shelf life.
• Since syrups contains a high amount of sugar, it acts as a preservative and ensures that the product has a long shelf life.
• Unopened bottles remain for a year with the flavour and taste of kesar intact.
• If these unopened bottles are stored in the refrigerator, it lasts for upto 3-4 years with the flavour and taste intact. However keep in mind the expiry date and use accordingly.
Health benefits of kesar syrup, saffron syrup
Since saffron syrup is loaded with sugar, it is not a very healthy choice.