Soaked kashmiri rajma
Soaking kashmiri rajma is very easily done at home. Rajma soaked are very easy to cook and one can use it instantly. To soak them, wash them thoroughly, check for any stones and then soak it in luke warm water. One is to change the water from time to time while you're soaking or cooking the beans. Soaked rajma can however, be used in any dish of your choice. Soaked Rajma needs special storage, as in one should use the soaked rajma within 2 or 3 weeks of time. Long storage could cause an undesirable odour. It is best however, to store in refrigerator in an air tight container, allowing no moisture or air contact.
Soaking rajma does not cause any nutrient loss; infact helps remove the indigestible complex sugars that create gas in your intestine. Soaking and using further as desired is however is a good option for people have gastric troubles.
• Kashmiri Rajma curry is extremely popular not just in North India but elsewhere as well. Serve Rajma with plain boiled rice, Cucumber salad and your favorite pickle.
• Since these dark red beans hold their shape really well during cooking and readily absorb surrounding flavors, they are a favorite bean to use in simmered dishes.
• Kidney beans are gorgeous and versatile beans are often used in chilli, refried beans, soups, and salads.
• Beans require salt, to bring out their full flavor. Adding salt and acids inhibit water penetration and, when added too soon, can toughen the beans.
• Their strong colour, robust flavour and meaty texture make them welcome additions to salads, soups and rice dishes.
How to store Kashmiri rajma, Kashmiri kidney beans
Always store dry kidney beans in a dry airtight container at room temperature. Do not store dry bean in the refrigerator. Once cooked, beans can be kept in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 5 days and in an airtight container in the freezer for up to six months. Beans are best used within one year.
Health benefits of Kashmiri rajma, Kashmiri kidney beans
One cup of cooked kidney beans has 26.2% of your daily Magnesium
is a complex carb and rich in Fibre which helps in Lowering Cholesterol
levels. Rajma is rich in Potassium which is critical for those with High Blood Pressure
as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating rajma is good for diabetics
due to being a fiber rich food
. See here for 10 health benefits of rajma
and why you should eat it.