• Guava juice is a quick and healthy beverage.
• Use fruit juice as the base for fat-free salad dressing and marinades.
• Guavas and guava juice are often used in sauces and glazes.
• They can be added to everything from appetizers to desserts, marmalade etc.
• Guava juice is one of the important ingredients (and the most important fruit juice) to have when making cocktails.
• Guava blossom is a mouth watering beverage.
• Apart from sweet dishes, guava juice works well in savoury dishes.
How to store guava juice, amrood ka juice, amrud ka ras, peru ka juice
Fresh-squeezed guava juice is a refreshing treat, but should be discarded after 48 hours in the refrigerator. Fresh-squeezed guava juice can be frozen as ice cubes or used in smoothies or other drinks. Canned and bottled juice or juice in aseptic cartons can be stored, unopened, in a cool, dark cupboard for up to three months. After opening, keep juices in tightly closed containers in the refrigerator. Pour servings and immediately refrigerate the closed container after every use. Use within the expiry date printed.
Health benefits of guava juice, amrood ka juice, amrud ka ras, peru ka juice
Guava juice is a very good source of vitamin C
, a nutrient which helps to fight bacteria and viruses, which can be a cause of common cold and cough. They do so by fostering white blood cells (WBC) production. But vitamin C is a volatile nutrient and so some of the vitamin C is lost on exposure to air. Hence this juice should be consumed immediately on making. If the juice has been strained, most of the fibre
is lost. So heart patients
and weight watchers
should avoid straining the juice. Prefer homemade juice than store bought which often has sugar and preservatives. This juice is not recommended for diabetics