Eggplant Dip, Veg Baba Ganoush, Roasted Eggplant Dip Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 7255 times
The Middle Eastern name for this dip is Baba Ganoush which is eaten with warm pita bread as an appetiser or a snack. While may not sound very appetising to have a brinjal dip…, trust me you will not even realize that you are eating brinjal. Brinjals are a rich source of iron which is an important component of our blood.
Recipe Description for Eggplant Dip, Veg Baba Ganoush, Roasted Eggplant Dip
- Prick the brinjal with a fork, brush it evenly with oil and and roast it over an open flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the brinjal turns black from all the sides and the flesh is soft and pulpy. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Remove the skin and stem and discard them and roughly chop the brinjal.
- Combine the brinjal, garlic, green chilli and curds and blend in a mixer till smooth mixture, without using any water.
- Transfer the brinjal mixture into a bowl, add the spring onions, coriander, cumin seeds powder and salt and mix well.
- Refrigerate it for 1 hour and serve with whole wheat bread or vegetable crudités.
- For best results, select a tender brinjal with very few seeds.
See step by step images of Eggplant Dip, Veg Baba Ganoush, Roasted Eggplant Dip Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.