Dal Kabila Recipe Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 64 times
Dal Kabila Recipe Video by Tarla Dalal. The Mughals made use of all kinds of dals available to them to prepare mouthwatering dishes such as this one. Made with urad dal or split black lentils, this dal is tempered with whole kashmiri red chillies, cumin seeds and garam masala.
Recipe Description for Dal Kabila
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal in enough water for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Combine the urad dal, salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till the dal is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cinnamon and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, red chillies, green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked urad dal, coriander and ½ of cup water, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the cumin seeds, chilli powder and garam masala and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Pour this tempering over the prepared dal and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.