How many calories does one piece of Nylon Khaman Dhokla have?
One piece of Nylon Khaman Dhokla gives 81 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 48 calories, proteins account for 14 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 18 calories. One piece of Nylon Khaman Dhokla provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Nylon khaman dhokla is a popular Gujarati farsan had with green chutney. Soft and spongy and made of besan.
Click here to view Nylon Khaman Dhokla recipe. nylon khamman dhokla starter , as a tea-time snack, or even for breakfast. Basically, something you can have any time you are hungry!
These Gujarati nylon khamman dhokla are so soft and spongy that the reference to nylon is really apt! What is more, this recipe is also very easy to implement if you follow these simple instructions properly and practice it a bit. The addition of fruit salt to the batter, and water to the tempering, are the two main factors responsible for the super-soft and spongy nature of this dhokla. Temper just before serving, for the perfect “100/100”!
I would like to give you some tips/suggestions to make a perfect nylon khamman dhokla.
1. Add the lemon juice and salt to the dough. As this is a sweet and slightly sour dhokla, we add lemon juice. Alternately you can add citric acid (nimbu ka phool). The lemon juice (or citric acid) and fruit salt create a fizzy reaction which results in soft, spongy khaman.
2. Mix well using a whisk to get a smooth Nylon Khamman Dhokla batter. The batter will have to mixed very well as the sugar needs to dissolve properly. If you want you can keep the batter aside for 10-15 minutes till the sugar has properly dissolved.
3. Grease 175 mm. (7") diameter thali with a little oil. This is an important step because greasing helps the nylon khamman dhokla come out of the plate without breaking or sticking.
4. Just before steaming, add the fruit salt. This will react with the lemon juice to give a fluffy batter.
5. Gently mix the fruit salt in the batter till just mixed. Do not over mix the batter, it should be airy and fluffy like this!
6. Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly. Make sure the dhoklas are warm when you pour the tempering or else they will not soak the water in.
Serve nylon khamman dhokla with green chutney.
Is Nylon Khaman Dhokla healthy?
Yes, nylon khaman dhokla is healthy but cut the sugar used. Khaman dhokla is made mainly of besan, rava, sugar and Indian spices.
Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also more protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. See detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
What's the problem?
Sugar : Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammtion of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar.
Rava (semolina, sooji) : What's good? Semolina is a fairly good source of Magnesium and phosphorus which is necessary to keep our nervous system healthy and working. What's the issue? Fibre is one key nutrient for weight loss and semolina is devoid of it. Semolina is not suitable for diabetics. For details read is sooji healthy?
Is nylon khaman dhokla safe for diabetics, heart and overweight individuals?
This nylon khaman dhokla is safe for diabetics only if you make this recipe without sugar. Also, there is no need to used oil in the garnish as it will add to fat. So drop it and enjoy. Fibre is one key nutrient for weight loss and semolina is devoid of it. Semolina is not suitable for diabetics.
You can have Baked methi muthia recipe, Zunka recipe, moong dal dhokla recipe, bajra carrot onion uttapam recipe or buckwheat pancake as one healthy recipe option.
Moong Dal Dhokla
What accompaniment to have your khaman dhokla with?
We suggest a healthy green chutney recipe made of mint, coriander and onions. Note this recipe uses only 1 tsp of sugar for 3/4 cup of chutney. If your diabetic and want to be very very strict, then don't add the sugar.
Healthy Green Chutney
Nylon khaman dhokla is good for
1. Weight Gain
How to burn 81 calories that come from one piece of Nylon Khaman Dhokla?
|Walking (6 kmph) =
|Running (11 kmph) =
|Cycling (30 kmph) =
|Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.