How many calories does one serving of Methi Palak Paneer Subzi have?
One serving of Methi Palak Paneer Subzi gives 418 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 60 calories, proteins account for 48 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 310 calories. One serving of Methi Palak Paneer Subzi provides about 21 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Methi Palak Paneer Subzi recipe. Greens are wonder foods that we aim to include daily in our diets. Here is a wonderful recipe that includes two iron and vitamin a rich greens at one go, and calcium and protein loaded paneer on top of that! this methi palak paneer subzi is so easy and quick to make too. You will love the delectable blend of traditional spices with your favourite greens and veggies, but remember to serve it fresh to enjoy the perfect aroma, flavours and colours.
Is Methi Palak Paneer Subzi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack.Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
2. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
3. Methi (fenugreek leaves) : Methi leaves are low in calorie, powerful antioxidant and cures mouth ulcers. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. The levels of cholesterol also reduced with intakes of fenugreek leaves. Rich in Vitamin K which is good for bone metabolism. See all benefits of methi leaves here.
4. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
5. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Methi Palak Paneer Subzi ?
This recipe has very high levels of fat from paneer, lots of oil and a little sugar. If you must have it then use low fat paneer and cut the oil down to 2 tsp of oil.
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Sabzi?
We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe, and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Can healthy individuals have Methi Palak Paneer Subzi ?
Yes, but reduce oil usage down to 3 tsp.
Methi Palak Paneer Subzi is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
6. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
7. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 418 calories that come from Methi Palak Paneer Subzi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2hr 5 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 42 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 56 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1hr 12 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.