How many calories does one serving of Khatta Urad Dal have?
One serving of Khatta Urad Dal gives 192 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 131 calories, proteins account for 54 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 7 calories. One serving of Khatta Urad Dal provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Khatta Urad Dal recipe. A lip-smacking preparation of wholesome urad dal, perked up with calcium-rich curds and pungent ginger, garlic pastes.
Although it makes use of minimal ingredients, the Khatta Urad Dal has a distinct, tongue-tickling flavour that you are sure to relish.
The highlight of this recipe, as the name suggests, is its sourness, so make sure the curds are sour enough.
Is Khatta Urad Dal healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Urad Dal : 1 cup of cooked urad dal gives 69.30% of folic acid of your daily requirement of folate. The folic acid in urad dal helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Being rich in Phosphorus it works with Calcium to build our bones, high in fibre and good for heart, good for lowering cholesterol and good for diabetes. See here for 10 super benefits of urad dal.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Khatta Urad Dal ?
Yes, this is healthy. Low fat sour curds is used in the recipe which is good for diabetes, weight loss and heart. Being rich in Phosphorus Urad dal works with Calcium to build our bones, high in fibre and good for heart, good for lowering cholesterol and good for diabetes. Note this dal is made with Zero fat.
Can healthy individuals have Khatta Urad Dal ?
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Dal?
We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe, and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Basic Ragi Roti, Nachni Roti
Urad dal is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss Dals
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Healthy Heart Dals
5. Weight loss after Pregnancy
7. Cold and cough
8. Diabetic Dals
9. Pregnancy First Trimester
Khatta Urad Dal is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
6. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
7. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 192 calories that come from Khatta Urad Dal?
Walking (6 kmph) = 58 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 19 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 26 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 33 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.