How many calories does one Cauliflower Greens Paratha have?
One Cauliflower Greens Paratha gives 193 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 122 calories, proteins account for 21 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 57 calories. One Cauliflower Greens Paratha provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Cauliflower Greens Paratha recipe. We just hope you do not throw away the cauliflower greens after removing and using the florets, because the greens is chock-full of nutrients that are not to be missed!
If you are wondering how to make use of it, this Cauliflower Greens Paratha is an awesome idea that will make you fall in love with the greens. It might not be a good idea to start off with stir-fries or subzi because cauliflower greens has a slightly-bitter taste akin to methi, which takes a while to get accustomed to.
However, that mild bitterness works in our favour here as the stuffing is perked up with appropriate flavour-enhancers like ginger, green chillies and cumin.
You will enjoy the crunch of the greens and onions, the flavour of the stuffing and the texture of this unique paratha. This healthy and tasty breakfast dish is a wonderful way to start your day.
Is Cauliflower Greens Paratha healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Cauliflower Greens : Rich in Iron. Cauliflower green leaves are full of natural antioxidants that have been shown to help prevent cancer. In addition, adding the dark green leaves makes your dinner even more healthy as they contain good amount of phytonutrients. Its fiber and potassium promote good intestinal transit and limit water retention. It's an excellent source of folic acid and potassium.
2. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Cauliflower Greens Paratha ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT cut the usage of the oil. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food.
Can healthy individuals have Cauliflower Greens Paratha ?
Yes. Serve with low fat curds.
Low Fat Curds ( How To Make Low Fat Curds)
Cauliflower Greens Paratha is high in
1. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
2.Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
3. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
4. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 193 calories that come from Cauliflower Greens Paratha?
Walking (6 kmph) = 58 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 19 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 26 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 33 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.