How many calories does one serving of Paneer and Spinach Soup have?
One serving of Paneer and Spinach Soup gives 153 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 38 calories, proteins account for 28 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 87 calories. One serving of Paneer and Spinach Soup provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Paneer and Spinach Soup recipe. The protein-packed paneer and spinach soup is a meal in a bowl! generous use of moong dal, paneer and spinach make it extremely nourishing and filling, while the onion and pepper bring in their soothing yet sharp flavours.
Is Paneer and Spinach Soup healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak): Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Yellow Moong Dal: The fibre (4.1 g in ¼ cup) present in yellow moong dal prevents the deposition of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the arteries which promotes a healthy heart in turn. Packed with nutrients like zinc (1.4 mg), protein (12.2 mg) and iron (1.95 mg), yellow moong dal helps to maintain the elasticity of your skin and help to keep it moist. Fiber, potassium and magnesium from yellow moong dal will work together to regulate blood pressure and soothe the nerves and is diabetic friendly. See here for details of 7 amazing benefits of yellow moong dal.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda): Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Paneer: Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer and Spinach Soup ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss, BUT use low fat paneer instead of full fat paneer. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. The quercetin in onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too.
Can healthy individuals have Paneer and Spinach Soup ?
Paneer and Spinach Soup is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 153 calories that come from Paneer and Spinach Soup?
Walking (6 kmph) = 46 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 15 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 20 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 26 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.