Blueberry Mousse Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2755 times
A tempting combination of white chocolate and blueberry crush, this is another easy-to-make mousse that you cannot resist! You would definitely have come across blueberry cheesecake, but this mousse might be quite new to you; so make sure you try it next time you host a party. A garnish of petite chocolate fans will improve the looks manifold, but if you find them difficult to make, you can garnish with a liberal helping of chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, blueberry or blueberry crush.
Recipe Description for Blueberry Mousse ( Mousses Recipe)
- Combine the white chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and mix well using a spatula until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and beaten whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the white chocolate-milk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the vanilla essence, lemon juice and blueberry crush and once again fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 4 individual bowls/glasses and tap each bowl/glass gently to get an even layered mousse.
- Refrigerate them for at least 2 to 3 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Serve chilled garnished with chocolate fans.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture in a double-boiler.
- To make chocolate fans, pour a little melted chocolate on a clean dry marble surface. Now spread the melted chocolate using a palette knife from left to right and viceversa 4 to 5 times to temper the chocolate. Refer diagram 1. This is done to cool the melted chocolate slightly and also to give shin
- With light pressure, run the dough cutter down the chocolate layer. You simply want to scrape off a small layer, not cut into the chocolate. As you are creating your fan shape, you can use your free hand to guide the strip of chocolate into gentle folds, waves or a fan. Refer diagram 2.
- If your hands are very warm and start melting the chocolate, use thin plastic gloves. Use for garnish as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.