Bean and Pasta Soup Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11076 times
A dish with proud mediterranean origins, this soup is a winter warmer to be served with warm crusty bread and if you like, a slice of cheese. The addition of cream to the soup balances the acidic taste of the tomatoes.
Recipe Description for Bean and Pasta Soup
- Heat the butter in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the baked beans and tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the oregano and cook on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add 2½ cups of hot water, tomato purée and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pasta and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh cream and grated cheese.
See step by step images of Bean and Pasta Soup Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.