Achari Dahi Bhindi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 5562 times
A double-tangy subzi with the combined sourness of curds and tomatoes, perked up with a wide assortment of seeds and spice powders, which give it a super peppy flavour and aroma too. The ladies finger is sliced and shallow-fried before preparing the gravy, so that it has a nice texture and does not end up gooey, which sometimes happens when you add bhindi to a dish without sautéing it properly. Allow the Achaari Dahi Bhindi to boil for a few minutes after adding the bhindi so that it soaks in the flavours of the curd mixture. Serve hot with any roti of your choice.
Recipe Description for Achaari Dahi Bhindi
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ladies finger, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while tossing occasionally. Remove in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the same broad non-stick pan, add the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 30 more seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Lower the flame, add the curd mixture, mix well and cook for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the shallow-fried ladies finger and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rotis or parathas.
See step by step images of Achaari Dahi Bhindi Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.