Tortellini with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil Pesto Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 119 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14865 times
Tortellini is an interesting type of homemade pasta with a nice cheesy filling. It can be combined with veggies and sauces to make mouth-watering dishes.
In this recipe, we go from the ground up showing you how to make the cheesy tortellini, and then proceed to cook it with pesto sauce and sun-dried tomatoes.
The herby and nutty taste of pesto, the tang of sun-dried tomatoes and the lusciousness of fresh cream combine beautifully in the dish to give you an awesome experience.
Ensure that the Tortellini with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil Pesto Sauce is served immediately because the cheese tends to make it chewy after a while.
Do try other pasta treats like Spinach Lasagna or Cannelloni .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead it into semi-soft dough, using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into 250 mm. ( 10”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut into circles using a 50 mm. (2”) cookie cutter or a vaati to get 5 roundels.
- Keep doing till all the dough is over, to get 20 roundels in all.
- Place one roundel on a clean, dry surface and put ½ tsp of prepared cheese mixture in the center.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle and press the edges lightly with your fingers to seal it.
- Bring both the corners of the semi-circle one over the other and again pinch it with your fingers to seal it together.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 to make the remaining 19 tortellini.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, with salt and oil.
- Add the prepared tortellini, few at a time and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan add the garlic and pesto and sauté on medium flame or few seconds.
- Add the milk, fresh cream and chilli flakes and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, add the prepared tortellini, cheese and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||307.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||4 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.