Roasted Bell Pepper and Cheese Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13983 times
The Roasted Bell Pepper and Cheese Pizza is truly a celebration of lively colours and flavours. With visually-appealing yellow, red and green capsicums, this pizza is best for a joyous party as it will surely reflect the intended mood. You might be intrigued by the fact that a combination of just capsicums, cheese and pizza sauce can produce such a brilliant pizza.
- Pierce the red capsicum with a fork, brush little oil evenly over it and roast it over an open flame till it turns black from all the sides.
- Cool, wash it in cold water and remove the skin, stem and seeds and discard them. Cut the capsicum into thin slices. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the yellow and green capsicum.
- Combine the red, yellow and green capsicum strips in a bowl, sprinkle oregano and salt over it and toss well.
- Divide the topping into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface and spread ¼ cup of pizza sauce evenly over it.
- Arrange 1 portion of the roasted bell pepper topping evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 1 more pizza.
- Place both the pizzas on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the base is evenly browned and the cheese melts.
- Cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.