Pumpkin and Mixed Veggie Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25898 times
Here is an interesting subzi from rajasthani cuisine that combines white pumpkin with other vegetables like carrot, cauliflower and french beans. It uses common spices, is very easy to prepare and is also rather light on the stomach, so you can make it any day for lunch or for dinner.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic and shah jeera and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the carrots, white pumpkin, potato, french beans, cauliflower, coriander powder, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Cover and cook over a slow flame till the vegetables are cooked (approximately 7 to 8 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato and salt and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and kachri powder and mix well.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||309.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.