Mirch ka Salan
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19051 times
The traditional hyderabadi salan can now be prepared in the microwave, in just a few minutes and with absolutely no compromise on taste.
- Combine all the ingredients in a microwave-proof bowl, cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Cool and then grind to a fine paste in a mixer using some water if required.
- Keep aside.
- Slit each chilli lengthwise taking care that they remain joint at the stem. Remove all seeds and veins.
- Combine the chillies with 1 teaspoon oil and mix well so that the oil coats all the chillies. Place them on a microwave-proof plate.
- Place a glass of water in the centre of the microwave along with the chillies to prevent them from getting wrinkled. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining oil, mustard seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida in a microwave-proof bowl, cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add the tumeric powder, chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt, the prepared masala paste, ¼ cup water and salt and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add the slit chillies and tamarind pulp and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||82.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.