by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34806 times
An instant hit at tea parties. These delicious rich tarts will just melt in your mouth.
- Sieve the flour with the salt.
- Rub in the butter and make a dough by adding ice-cold water (about 1 tablespoon).
- Roll out the dough to about 3 mm. (1/8") thickness.
- Cut with a fluted cutter of desired size.
- Press into tart cases and prick with a fork.
- Bake blind in a hot oven at 230 degree C (450 degree F) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool the tart cases.
- Mix the lemon juice, cornflour, granulated sugar and add 3/4 teacup of water.
- Cook on a slow flame until the mixture becomes thick.
- Beat the cream with the powdered sugar and add to the mixture.
- Add the lemon rind and yellow colouring.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Fill each tart with about 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
- Put a large blob of lemon filling on top.
- Cover with mango slices of the approriate length.
- Warm the remaining jam and brush on top of the mango slices.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.