Lentil and Vegetable Broth
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17096 times
This broth is a nutritious combination of dal and vegetables which is good for your first trimester. Tomatoes and spinach provide iron and folic acid which are essential during this trimester and cheese and lentils are a good source of protein. Being a mildly flavoured soup, it will stimulate your appetite if you're nauseous and will also nourish you.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes into big pieces.
- Add the moong dal and 4 cups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.
- When cooked, cool completely. Blend in a liquidiser and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and spinach and sauté again for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, chopped tomato, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with grated cheese and spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.