by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 137 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66986 times
Aloo based recipes are a dime a dozen! But this is my all-time favourite. I guarantee you, the stuffing used for the aloo here is a first-rate blend of tofu, nuts and spices… best combination in the whole world! Cream helps to blend the ingredients well so that it sticks well to the cavities in the scooped potatoes. Do not use big potatoes as they don't look good in the subzi, and also take longer to cook. Opt for small or medium sized potatoes. Keep them ready in advance, so that when a guest comes, you could just make the gravy, pour over the potatoes and serve. If need be, you could warm the subzi in an oven or microwave.
- Heat the soya oil in a kadhai, add the ginger-garlic paste and boiled onion paste and sauté till the onion paste turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the tomato purée, turmeric powder and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame till the soya oil separates.
- Add the dry mango powder, garam masala, tomato ketchup, curds and salt and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the cream and mix well. Add a little water if the gravy is too thick.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Scoop out the potato halves using a spoon so that a depression is formed for the stuffing.
- Heat the soya oil in a kadhai and cook till the potatoes are golden brown from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the stuffing and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and stuff each potato with one portion of the stuffing. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, warm the gravy and pour it over the potatoes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.