Sprouts Kadhi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8341 times
Kadhi gets an extra shot of nutrition with the addition of sprouts! use curds made of low-fat buffalo's milk, which is low in sodium. For a truly memorable meal, serve hot with gehun ki bikaneri khichdi.
Recipe Description for Sprouts Kadhi ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, red chillies and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the mixed sprouts, 1½ cups of water, turmeric powder, green chilli paste, chilli powder and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain.
- Add the curds-besan mixture to the prepared sprouts mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.