Spinach Kofta Kadhi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 13583 times
Spinach dumplings simmered in a yoghurt curry.
Recipe Description for Spinach Kofta Kadhi
- Combine the spinach, besan,salt, cumin seeds, chilli powder and soda bi-carb in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into even-sized balls.
- Heat the oil in a deep-kadai and deep fry 4-5 koftas at a time till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan ½ cup of water in a bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain.
- Add more ½ cup of water and whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and fry again for few minutes.
- Add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, salt, ginger - green chilli paste and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach koftas to the hot kadhi and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Spinach Kofta Kadhi Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.