Spicy Green Moong Dal Khichdi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2197 times
Sometimes we yearn for the soothing comfort of homemade khichdi, but also feel like having something spicier. When in two minds, go for the Spicy Green Moong Dal Khichdi. Made of rice and wholesome green moong dal, this flavourful khichdi gets its punch from sautéed onion and garlic, along with a traditional tempering of spices and spice powders. Serve hot with kadhi, for a homely meal that warms the heart.
Recipe Description for Spicy Green Moong Dal Khichdi
- Combine the rice and green moong dal in enough hot water and soak for 2 hours and drain.
- Combine the rice and green moong dal salt and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and asafoetida.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander-cumin seeds powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the cooked rice-moong dal mixture, coriander, a little salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with kadhi.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.