Shortcrust Pastry (DVC)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19755 times
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Cut the margarine with a knife. Rub into the flour with finger tips.
- Gradually add enough ice-cold wate (approx. 2 to 3 tablespoons) to make the dough into a rolling consistency.
- Lightly flour the rolling pin and the pastry board.
- Roll the pastry to required thickness and shape, lifting and turning to keep it light.
- As a general ruls, pastry should be baked in a hot oven at 450°F but exact baking times and temperatures are given in individual recipes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.