Power Poha for kids, Breakfast Poha Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11455 times
With iron-rich poha and protein-rich kabuli chana, power poha is an ideal breakfast that provides for your kids' active days and constant growth. Bright yellow poha, interspersed with everybody's favourite kabuli chana, with tomatoes for added brightness and lemon juice for a refreshing tang, power poha is quite appealing. You could chop the green chillies into large pieces, so that it will be easy to pick them out before your kids munch on this.
Recipe Description for Power Poha
- Place the poha in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Keep aside for 2 minutes for the water to drain out completely.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, tomatoes and kabuli chana, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green chilli paste, chilli powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the soaked beaten rice, sugar, lemon juice and coriander, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Power Poha Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.