Paneer Chilli Cigars Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 13185 times
An easy but irresistible snack, made by rolling a succulent paneer mixture into samosa patties, and deep-frying the cigar-shaped rolls. The use of chilli-garlic sauce and spring onions to flavour the stuffing gives it an unmistakable Chinese touch. The Paneer Chilli Cigars are handily sized, and look very appetizing too, making them perfect to serve at cocktail parties. Make these rolls with fresh paneer to get the most enjoyable texture.
Recipe Description for Paneer Chilli Cigars
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the filling into 15 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour and 1 tbsp of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 to get 75 mm. X 62 mm. (3" x 2½") rectangular pieces. You will get 15 pieces in all. Place a portion of the filling at one corner of the samosa patti piece. Roll it up tightly starting from the end where the filling is placed to make a cigar.
- Seal the edge of the samosa patti piece using a little of the plain flour-water paste.
- Repeat for the remaining pattis and filling to make 14 more cigars.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, deep-fry a few cigars on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. . Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with spicy sauce.
See step by step images of Paneer Chilli Cigars Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.