Palak Methi Paneer Slice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 464 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23200 times
Paneer forms the base of this dish which is then topped with spinach to form a mildly spiced dish.
- Soak the bread slices in the curds for 10 minutes.
- Crumble the paneer and knead very well.
- Add the soaked bread slices, potatoes, coriander, green chillies, flour, soda bi-carb and salt and mix very well.
- Add 2 teaspoons of water and the soda bi-carb to the spinach and fenugreek and cook on a slow flame until soft.
- When cooked, drain out the water and blend the leaves in a liquidiser.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies, cornflour and ginger and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the blended leaves and salt.
- Heat a well greased tava. Spread the paneer layer evenly all over the tava, by pressing with the back of a spoon or by hand.
- Top with the spinach layer and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on a medium flame.
- Decorate with tomato slices and grated paneer.
- Serve hot.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.