Mixed Fruit Shrikhand Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 3779 times
Shrikhand is no longer out of reach of diabetics! This delectable Mixed Fruit Shrikhand keeps the fat in check by using low-fat curds and replacing sugar with sugar substitute. Apart from bringing in ample nutrients, the fruits also increase the fibre count of this dessert. Try and avoid peeling the fruits like pears and apples as a lot of the fibre lies just beneath the skin. Enjoy this as an occasional treat, to round of a meal memorably.
Recipe Description for Mixed Fruit Shrikhand, Healthy Diabetic Recipe
- Combine the milk and saffron in a small bowl and mix well till the saffron dissolves. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, saffron-milk mixture, sugar substitute and cardamom powder in a bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, place ¼th of the mixed fruits into a serving glass or bowl and top with ¼th of the chilled shrikhand.
- Repeat step 4 to make 3 more servings.
- Serve immediately.
- 2 cups of low-fat curds, when tied in a muslin cloth and hung for 1½ hours, will yield 1 cup of hung low-fat curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.