Mini Macaroni Buns Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2410 times
Escape from the mundane, with this exotic and sumptuous snack! A tongue-tickling, garlicky stuffing of mixed veggies and macaroni adorns buttery crisp buns to make a snacky delight that everybody will love. Choose whole wheat mini buns, to get the perfect texture and rustic flavour. Remember to scoop out the centres well to make deep cavities in the buns, so that they will hold a lot of the tangy, cheesy stuffing, because that’s where the fun lies! You can always use the scooped out portions to make bread crumbs to use with other recipes.
Recipe Description for Mini Macaroni Buns
- Cut a mini burger bun halve into 2 halves and scoop out the centres to form a depression.
- Repeat step 1 with the remaining 5 mini burger buns.
- Brush all the bread halves with melted butter, place them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the bread halves turn crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum and broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cheese, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the macaroni, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Fill each crispy bread halve immediately with a little macaroni stuffing and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.