Methi ki Launji Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 12106 times
You will simply adore this launji with rotis, khakhras and even rice although the rajasthanis would relish it with hot puris or parathas. This bitter-sweet and spicy dish has a delicate balance of flavours that i am sure you will enjoy. You can either sprout the methi seeds to make this launji or use them unsprouted. I discovered that sprouting the methi makes the launji less bitter.
Recipe Description for Methi ki Launji
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, red chillies, cloves and cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the soaked and drained fenugreek seeds, 1 cup of water, jaggery, sugar, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, raisins, dried mango powder, and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Switch on the flame and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Serve with rotis or khakhras or rice.
- This launji stays fresh upto 2 weeks when refrigerated.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.