Malai Mutter Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1739 times
Here is another characteristic Punjabi dish, which is loaded with dairy products like cream and ghee. This gives the Malai Mutter a lusciously creamy mouth-feel, which will make you feel really pampered. Apart from that, you will notice that the Malai Mutter uses only everyday ingredients and spices, so it is quite easy to make. Tomatoes give this green peas subzi a nice tangy taste, while whole spices, powders and pastes give it an intense flavour. It is the ghee that makes the Malai Mutter really special, so if you are not relishing this subzi immediately after cooking, we suggest you re-heat it before serving so that the ghee melts a little. While boiling the green peas, add a little soda and salt to enough water, as it will retain the vibrant green colour of the peas and also that it will absorb the salt.
Recipe Description for Malai Mutter
- Combine the cinnamon and cloves in a small non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cool and grind it using a mortar-pestle (khalbatta) to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till they turn brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the ghee separates from the mixture, while stirring frequently.
- Add the cinnamon-clove powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, green chilli paste, chilli powder, asafoetida and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously or till the fat separates from the gravy.
- Add the green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot.
- While boiling the green peas, add a little soda and salt to enough water, as it will retain the vibrant green colour of the peas and also that it will absorb the salt.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.