Lentil and Vegetable Broth Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 7824 times
Lentil and vegetable broth is the ideal way to start a hearty meal; alternatively it's so jam-packed with the goodness of vegetables that it could even serve as a whole meal by itself!
Recipe Description for Lentil and Vegetable Broth, One Dish Meal
- Combine the roughly chopped tomatoes, yellow moong dal and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and then strain the mixture with help of a strainer. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for ½ minute.
- Add the celery, finely chopped tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared tomato-dal mixture, rajma, macaroni, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Garnish with grated cheese and serve hot with garlic bread.
See step by step images of Lentil and Vegetable Broth, One Dish Meal Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.